The 2016 Online Learning Center will be available tomorrow, Friday January 1, 2016, at or before 1200 noon.
Courses have been revised/updated or added to the OLC site – the required courses are located under the 2016 Mandatory Course Section. There is one new course for 2016 -- Crime Scene and Evidence Refresher -- available immediately. The 2016 Laws of Arrest will be available mid-October 2016; an announcement will be sent out when it is accessible.
The mandatory annual online refresher courses for 2016 are:
• Use of Force
• TASER (Only officers issued this equipment are required to complete this annual refresher course).
• Bias Based Policing
• Range Safety Rules
• AXON Camera (Only officers issued this equipment are required to complete this annual refresher course).
• O. C. Spray
• Blood borne Pathogens
• Vehicle Pursuits
• Crime Scene and Evidence Processing **NEW**
• Laws of Arrest (This course will be available in October 2016).
The following courses are One Time Mandatory - if you have already successfully completed the course, you DO NOT have to take it this year.
• FDLE Human Trafficking (if not taken previously) - One-time training
• BJA First Amendment Training - (if not taken previously) - One-time training
• FDLE Rachel's Law - (if not taken previously) - One -time training
• Employee Evaluation - Supervisors Only (Sergeants and Lieutenants) (if not taken previously) - One-time training
MAKE SURE YOU PRINT YOUR CERTIFICATE OF SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION AND FORWARD IT TO THE TRAINING SECTION (Ms. Cavallari)!!
Also please note these courses are departmental required annual training, they are not the same as the FDLE 4-year certification training requirement.
If you have OLC access or course issues, please contact me at your earliest opportunity.
Happy New Year!